In Raphaëlle Boutié’s work, it is the energy of a gesture that exposes itself to the frontality of the landscape: the places where she goes are her reasons to paint ... Hot and cold colored flows are confronted at the heart of a same surface without being canceled ... Pieces of nature seem projected on the canvas and rendered to themselves in a single pictorial gesture.
She interprets the pattern by tilting the image into non-figuration while protecting it. Impregnated by the implacable light of the South, she declines the places in a thousand ways. The color is its strength, "the animal part of the painting" said Ingres the draftsman. Here, it overflows, invades space, flows like lava, like water, like the blood of sacrificed animals, gushes like a waterfall, ample as the day, rises, violent as the breath of the Mistral. Ileana Cornea.
Follow this artist
Born in Aix-en-Provence in 1959, lives and works in Paris and Provence.
Master's degree in Classics, Paris IV-Sorbonne
Fine Arts Workshops of the City of Paris. Guillaume Beaugé workshop.
In collections in France, Great Britain, Romania, United States, Luxembourg, Switzerland.
- Groupe Bel, Portrait of The Laughing Cow
- Murals for the Joana Grevers Foundation
- Joana Grevers Foundation, Romania, summer 2014
- Cachan Biennial, 2021
- Beaux-Arts de Garches, 2008, (guest of honor 2015), 2016 to 2021
- RN, Guoyi Art Museum, National Gallery of Fine Arts in Beijing, 2014
- PULS'ART, Le Mans, 2013
- CHIC DRAWING, 2012
- Réalités Nouvelles, Paris - Awards (artabsolument 2013) - 2008 to 2019
- Biennial of Contemporary Art, Champigny, 2010
- Salon de Mai, Espace Commines, Paris, 2010 and 2011
- MAC Paris, Espace Champerret, 2007 and 2008
COLLECTIVE EXHIBITIONS (selection)
- Art is all you need, V, Mondapart Gallery, Boulogne, 2021